Barncast 73 — Chard!

Show 73 is a little windy, oh well it’s summer time podcasting. This weeks show gets to the point pretty quick because we have SIX yes 6 calls to the Farm Phone (206-202-GOAT) and they are all wonderful calls. We liked one call so much it becomes the topic of the farm section, what to do with Swiss Chard. It’s a great plant, easy to grow, easy to cook, and really pretty. Why don’t we see it more?? In the show this week:

• Farm Phone: 206-202-GOAT
    • Tech details, on how we do the show
    • Turning Sheep out
    • Unfriendly bottle lambs?? Hair sheep?
    • Peg makes cheese! http://peg-woolinmysoup.blogspot.com/
    • Omly is overrun by Swiss Chard
    • Dealing with Bee Stings
  • Round Up, a little slower this week
  • Farm Section: Chard

Future Topics page

Frame of capped honey, doeling,

1. Valeriec’s avatar

Loved the podcast. I have never eaten chard before. My husband and I are going to try some spaghetti squash this week. For the sauce I think we will have olive oil with minced garlic and rosemary. Have you ever had it this way? Hopefully we will like it, I think my husband is a little leery of trying it. Course he is like that a lot of times, especially when I cook something he has never heard of before. He prefers international foods. Usually they are recipes from my family or midwestern recipes. He and I both liked your cowgirl recipe, after he finally gave in and tried it. =0) What exactly is a farm share? I have never heard of one before. Is it kinda like trading food or no? Speaking of which, do you trade some of your veggies/eggs with your neighbors? My mom does that sometimes with her veggies, and also gives alot away for free to her coworkers and relatives if she has too much of one thing. Do you prefer to can or freeze things? My mom prefers to can, depending on the item of course. Sorry I know I had alot of questions. =0)

Take Care

Valerie

2. Valeriec’s avatar

p.s. My husband and I both love the soap I ordered. I will definately have to buy some more next week. The sage/cedar one sounds good too. When is that one available? your soap is great ideas for small gifts, that I will send to my grandmas, etc.

3. Angel’s avatar

Hi Misty and Andrew, Love your podcast and and would still like to visit. I’m going to be in South Bend on Sunday July,8 I will be picking my daughter up at the airport at 2:25. Please let me know if this would work for you.

Hey Angel, I emailed you. Let me know if you don’t get it.

Valerie, I’ll answer your questions tomorrow, Today has been a long day. :) And yes, the squash should be great that way.

5. John Macfarlane’s avatar

Have you thought about buying a Apple iPhone with your geek budget money ?
    Looks like the hottest geek gadget ever !

6. Iann the girl’s avatar

Hi!

I love the podcast. I’m really glad I can live vicariously through you.

I wish I could come for a visit but since I can’t I really liked the idea of having a sound scene tour. Maybe you could record while you are doing chores and talk about what you are doing. I think that would be cool.

Keep up the good work. You rock!

Well, now I know what to do with chard ;0) I never really new what this strange rhubarb-like plant was for – think I’ll give it a go now.