Barncast 25b — The power outage cast!

What do two geeks do when there’s a power failure? Well a podcast of course, so this weeks show has a side B. We talk about some sad things, and then we talk about what happends on the farm when there isn’t power. The the snapping starts, or wait does it?

1. Shell’s avatar

Wow I was so glad when I sat down to spin today and got to listen to your wonderful podcast.
    I love to hear about the farm and things going on – Misty we need to hear how the sweater is coming (yes I knot we are in a heat wave LOL) and how your spinning is going too!
    Huggs – glad the power is back for everyone. sorry to hear about the goat kid.
    Blessings!
    Shell

Hey Shell! Yeah Misty needs to talk about her sweater! I’m glad you enjoyed the podcast, it was fun to go outside and take a break during the week.

Cheers,

Hi Shell! I did finish Andrew’s sweater. Here’s my blog entry about it: Andrew?s Sweater Pix!

Hope you enjoy! I’ll definitely mention it on the podcast as well.

4. John G’s avatar

Hey Andrew and Misty,

I’ve seen backup generators at Lowe’s that could run your whole house and farm for about $3,000. It runs on natural gas or lp gas, and is about the size of a central air conditioner. It seems that anecdotally, REMC delivered power is not as reliable as that supplied by more urban distributors–due to the wide ranging territory that must be covered and not by any lack of professionalism on the part of the company. Keep us updated on the generator issue.

5. Kevin’s avatar

Hey Guys,
    This file appears to be missing from the website. iTunes gives an error and clicking the download or play buttons above also gives an error. Hopefully you have a backup, or one of your listeners has a copy of the file.

Take Care.

Thanks Kevin! It’s on it’s way up, I had it in my backups down here. You really are going through the back catalog in detail eh? :)

I fixed Episode 8 last night if you didn’t see it already.

Cheers,

7. Kevin’s avatar

Whenever I subscribe to a new podcast I try to listen to as much of the backcatalog as possible. That way I don’t ask stupid questions when I feel up for asking something.

I’m an engineer (geek) and my wife and I just bought 5 acres in Kentucky where we’d like to raise some animals and have a garden/orchard. A coworker recommended your podcast when she heard me talking about all my homebrewing and my desire to make cheese and raise bees. So far I’ve learned quite a bit about the different animals in the first 15 shows. Hopefully I’ll be all caught up by christmas.

Keep up the good work.